Accountant - Ref 994All hotel job vacancies listed here:
Action Recruitment are seeking an Accountant for our client, a 4-star Hotel in Carlow. This role of Accountant is as Assistant to the Financial Controller and the successful candidate will report directly to the Financial Controller. You must have previous experience as an Accountant, preferably within a Hotel.
The ideal candidate will be very computer literate, strong on Sage and Excel, understand and meet deadlines. This is a contract role for approx. one year.
As Accountant, the main duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide high quality financial information including analysis across all financial data when requested by the Financial Controller or other senior management
- Provide support to the FC on all elements of the preparation of monthly and annual accounts, annual audits and annual budgets
- Support the delivery and documentation of standard, efficient, controlled and effective processes and reporting within the Finance department. e.g. generate and report the daily, weekly sales and payroll reports for submission to the FC and head office
- Support Junior Finance staff in their positions to complete their tasks and help maintain the profitability of the hotel
- When necessary provide a link between finance and non-finance elements of the hotel and provide general finance advice and assistance to help maintain the profitability of the hotel
- To provide professional, accurate and confidential processing of customers, suppliers and employees financial documentation
- To ensure and when necessary participate in keeping all manual and computerised records up-to-date
- To ensure and when necessary participate in maintaining control of assets and liabilities
- To ensure and when necessary participate in processing the weekly payroll and to provide cover for processing of same
- Conduct yourself professionally at all times when meeting clients
- Be aware and comply with all hotel policies and procedures
- At all times to ensure compliance with relevant legislation
Salary negotiable DOE.
For more details call Noel on +353 87 2145990 or email firstname.lastname@example.org